22 to 27 October 2008

MPH Warehouse Sales

[SNS : 22 Oct Updated with MPH Sale Write Up on Newspaper

21 Oct Updated with MPH Flyer, Map, Further Marked Down Books,

Refer Flyers Below!

You would love this Warehousesales too!

The last time they had it at their own warehouse, it was crazy!

Read Comments in the recent MPH Clearance in Aug08 ]

Books Books Books

Thousands of bestsellers / children /

Travel guide / Cookery /

Local / Comics /

Young Adult / Business

Self Help /Chick Lit Books

at unbelievable prices!

** Watch Out for FREE Book Offer **

Read the Malay Mail & The Sun on 22 October 2008

and bring along the newspaper copy to redeem a FREE Book

** Further Marked Down Prices **

Read Star Two on 21 & 24 October 2008

and check out the selected Titles that are further Marked Down

Get a RM10 MPH BOok Voucher FREE instantly when you apply for an Alliance Bank Credit Card during the MPH Warehouse Sale from 22 – 27 Oct.

Time : 9am to 7pm

Location (Tel 603 7958 1688)- Google Map

Ground Floor Warehouse

Bangunan TH

MPH Warehouse

NO 5 Jalan Bersatu 13/4

Petaling Jaya

[Opposite Dataran Hamodal]

Comments

Comments

22 – 27 Oct : MPH Distributors Warehouse Sales | shoppingNsales I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You’re wonderful! Thanks! your article about 22 – 27 Oct : MPH Distributors Warehouse Sales | shoppingNsalesBest Regards Veronica

Properly, the archos 101 touch 8g which I gave her was stolen (no, I do not generally obtain major ticket items for my children, I acquired it for free as a reward for difficult work in 2008 exactly where I’m employed — I gave it to her soon after I got my HTC EVO), so I felt compelled to replace it with an ipod touch 4g at a whopping $210 (sale price tag, typically $240 for the 8GB model) at Greatest Obtain. Good device to become certain but man is it high-priced, plus the screen is tiny! Plus it really is super limited, that is how Apple rolls… cannot even upgrade the memory.

Debroah Dahl says:

I have realized that online diploma is getting common because attaining your degree online has developed into a popular solution for many people. A lot of people have not necessarily had a possible opportunity to attend a conventional college or university nonetheless seek the raised earning potential and a better job that a Bachelor Degree offers. Still people might have a college degree in one discipline but would choose to pursue a thing they now have an interest in.

Once I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new feedback are added” checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there any means you can take away me from that service? Thanks

Joanna says:

hi mel, many thanks for your ver nice comments! you can email to distributors@mph.com.my

it cld be another 2 yrs before we have another whse sale again…… we’ll see… no worries, you guys will deifnitely hear about it ;)

thank you again for coming & for supporting the MPH Distributors Warehouse Sale!

Christina Lai says:

The warehouse sales was great. But made a blunder. Took one book, checked price which was at RM9, placed the book back and chose another one of the same title from the same rack, thinking it would be the same price. Went home and discovered the price tag of RM20. Sob :(

orange'gurl says:

shopaholic says:

”went there today and found a copy of cecelia ahern’s if you could see me now for rm10!!! this is the bigger version (most of the bigger versions of the paperbacks are cheaper — harder to find though)”

waaa.. i really search 4that book.. very cheap loo.. only rm10?
LOve so much diz wholesale.. my two bro’s buy lot of novel for only rm5 and 1 brought thanks 4 the memories by cecelia ahern (rm20), 3 shophololic series by sophie kinsella (rm20 also each) and a few other books.
not really lucky coz it not in happy hour when i was there,,
i get the sunglases and gave it to my father who waited in the car.. he luv it.
hope i’ll get the news if there is another wholesale next year…

Mel says:

I have to disagree with Jaf. The books that i bought were definitely below the ones WH sales in Bandar Utama a couple of months ago. Probably different kind of books we are looking at. No point arguing now cos it’s already over.
I LOVED IT.

AP, on Sunday there was a Tintin collection (didn’t see them a couple of days b4) which collects 3 books selling for RM42.

For those who are wondering on what the free books (from the SUN paper) are, on Sunday there were 5/6 books to choose from, a chic lit (i think), and some fiction and non-fiction. Only one i recognise was Seabiscuit so i chose that.
Got a mystery gift as well for buying above RM150. It was sunglasses, a discount voucher & some timetable cum bookmark thingy. Was never around during happy hours tho.

Joanna,
I went there 3 times and the staffs were wonderful. I would love to give a good comment on the sales to the management. Is there any email i could send to?

AP says:

I bought Tintin books at Rm18 each. At that time of buying, I didn’t really know the retail price but do remember that Times book warehouse sale was selling it at RM24 or something like that. Then later, I saw Tintin sold in a bookshop at normal price of RM30!

hye there…..
just wanna ask when is the next warehse sales gonna be??
cos i’ve just missed it yesterday……
T__T
it would be great if sumone can tell me…..
thanx loads.

=)

Joanna says:

hi, today is the last day of our warehouse sale…on behalf of MPH Distributors, thank you to everyone who supported us! much appreciated ;) happy reading & we’ll see you again next yr (hopefully!)
cheers

shopaholic says:

went there today and found a copy of cecelia ahern’s if you could see me now for rm10!!! :) this is the bigger version (most of the bigger versions of the paperbacks are cheaper — harder to find though)

jaf says:

This warehouse IS NOT COMPARABLE TO THE LAST ONE BY MPH (NOT DISTRIBUTOR) in terms of PRICING and QUANTITY of books. That one was held 1 or 2 months ago.

Some books that were sold in that MPH (not distributor) can be found in this warehouse, but at a higher price.

In terms of children’s books, the price is cheaper than retail, but it is definitely not an attempt to clear stock, not at that pricing.

happy says:

Hi all… I went there on the 1st day. There are a lot of books, but scatted all over the place. Took a long time to go through each session.

Those of you who are searching for children book (like Ladybird and Disney) may be dissapointed cos’ the ones which are really cheap are left with only a few copies. Those that are plentiful are generally only 30% cheaper than the bookstore price.

They only have a few ladybird series (for very young reader) scatted here and there. To me, I’m rather dissapointed to see the Disney Princess storybook are only 30% cheaper than the retail price.

I see most student went for the dictionary. Overall, I think it is worthwhile to go if you are staying nearby.

I wonder if they will restock on Monday…? Can those of you going today please check with the staff there..?

Btw, please remember NOT to leave the basket at the counter, I saw a lady place the basket at the counter and the whole basket went missing when she is ready to pay..! She have to search for the books all over again.

So, people, let’s be more considerate… I can’t imagine a book lover will do something like that to another person..! Whoever that did that does not deserve to be there at all..! Anyway, just beware of your belongings.

Btw, the staff there are really really nice. Though they may not be able to answer all your question, they will try their best to help. Bravo to the MPH distributor team..! They will probably have the best service award among all the warehouse sale I’ve been to…! Good job…!

mel says:

any craftbooks there?

ash says:

remember me is rm20
=)

cino says:

chocolicious..can i know the price for remember me?

Kev says:

that’s cool. at least it isn’t some economics book!

but I can borrow picoult’s books from my friend anyway. she has almost all of them… only read nineteen minutes before. it was good, but i cant say i really like her style of writing.

artemis says:

the free book i got was jodi picoult’s salem falls. haven’t had the time to read it coz i bought quite a lot of books last wednesday, mostly for my kids. am very happy with this warehouse sale.

Kev says:

geez, i thought to get the free book we had to bring the current day’s the sun. i brought today’s paper and was told you actually had to bring wednesday’s Sun! damn.

anyone know what free book they have been giving out?

joyforlide says:

me too!….Quite happy with the sale today.

chocolicious says:

thanks farah and mel…

i went to the sale this afternoon.Got the chance to buy the book.hehe

unfortunately,the kite runner,my sister’s keeper and the pact out of stock.sedey.

However,i managed to get a free remember me notebook when i bought it on happy hours(what a coincident!)hehe ;)

michelle says:

i was wondering to they sell sarah dessen books?
like [lock and key]? i think it’s under young fiction
i did not have enough time to look for it yesterday..
[really want that book!]

Joanna says:

hi gizmo209 – we sincerely apologies for the error on the price. the usual price IS rm79.90. you are definitely NOT being cheated. don’t worry….the price correction will be published in the star this coming sunday.

a_chit says:

Thanks, Di. Before 9am susah a bit coz need to send baby to nanny’s place first. Then hubby has to show face at work also.

Di says:

i work in jaya 33 n b sure to go for every warehse sale in d area.. its not far unless u really plan to buy a truckload of books. Go b4 9 am if u want easy parking i think…

LY says:

Are there many copies of cecelia ahern and sophie kinsella available? What other authors are available? Any Dorothy Koomson, Johanna Lindsey, Carole Matthews, Sheila O’Flanagan, Danielle Steel books?

dmj says:

can i tumpang with anybody a few book. i’m in jb and don’t want to miss out.

Gizmo209 says:

I FEEL SO CHEATED! i bought the book The Secret at MPH Midvalley at RM79.90 and now i see that the normal price is RM61.50! What a fool!

Fara Omar says:

Hi chocolicious

Like mel said, almost every title from Sophie’s and Cecelia available there. All the price is RM20 except 1- 2 title from Jodi are RM15 (dunno why). It all a new books.